domingo, 9 de junho de 2013

Sunday Stamping Challenge: Complimentary Colors off a color wheel & Catrice Vanilla Love

Hello chicas :)

This weekend I finally found the time to participate in today's Sunday stamping Challenge from AIS! :) The theme is Complimentary Colors off a color wheel and I think I never did anything suited for the challenge. I remember seeing this theme in another challenge group and thinking "That one would be hard for me". But it seems I couldn't hide lol. When stamping and doing nail art I don't consider the complimentary colors because somehow I don't really think they look well together. But truth is sometimes they do, and besides, what do I know about colors and Art? I know about nails :p

Este fim de semana finalmente encontrei tempo para participar no desafio do grupo AIS aos Domingos! :) O tema  é "cores complementares da roda das cores elementares". Lembro-me de ver este tema num outro desafio e pensar "bem, este seria difícil para mim". Mas parece que o destino não me deixou escapar e aqui estou eu lol. Quando carimbo ou faço alguma nail art não penso em combinar cores complementares porque para mim elas não combinam. Mas a verdade é que às vezes combinam e além disso, que percebo eu de cores e Arte? Eu percebo sim de unhas :p
The base polish for this challenge was Catrice Vanilla Love from the LE Candy Shock collection. I just don't regret getting it because I like the sweet yellow color. But formula is quite bad... The bottle says it needs 2 coats to full nail opacity but that's not true. I applied 4 (!!) and if I had the patience I'd do the fifth one! I now yellow creme shades are always a bit hard to apply, but this one exceeds the limits. Basically, this Catrice formula didn't self level as I continued to apply polish to make it even. There were bald spots, formula was thick yet not very pigmented. That didn't help too. I finished with a coat of Kinetics Kwik Kote top coat because with 4 coats I didn't want to take the risk of it not drying.

A base para este desafio foi o verniz Catrice Vanilla Love da colecção limitada Candy Shock. Só não estou arrependida de o comprar porque gosto bastante do tom amarelo claro fofinho! Mas a formula deixou muito a desejar... O frasquinho diz que são necessárias duas camadas para cobrir as unhas... pasmem-se, foram quatro e se tivesse a paciência, ia à quinta camada!! Os tons cremosos amarelos são de natureza difíceis de aplicar, mas este ultrapassa tais padrões. Basicamente o verniz não uniformizou e eu continuei a aplicar camadas para tapar os "buracos" com menos verniz. Por outro lado a formula é espessa mas pouco pigmentada, o que não ajudou muito. O que vale é o tom amarelo clarinho com shimmer bem discreto amarelo mais escuro. Com tantas camadas nem pensei em deixar secar o verniz naturalmente e passei logo o top coat Kinetics Kwik Kote.
Back to the challenge now :p The opposing complimentary colors I picked are yellow and purple. I thought it would look nice to stamp with different purples instead of one, and they are: Kiko 622 Glicine, Super Pérola Saint German and Ulta3 Orchid. the design is from winstonia W112 plate.

De volta ao desafio :p Como cores complementares escolhi o amarelo e o roxo. Pensei que ia ficar engraçado carimbar como vários roxos em vez de um só e os escolhidos foram: Kiko 622 Glicine, Super Pérola Saint German e Ulta3 Orchid. O desenho pertence à plaquinha winstonia W112.
Stamping polishes: Super Pérola Saint German, Kiko 622 Glicine & Ulta3 Orchid
This didn't go as I expected :| Two of the purples aren't pigmented enough to make crisp stamps. But I liked to see the global effect on my nails with these colors and thought it was a happy result after all lol. What do you think? Did you like the manicure? Have you bought this Catrice Vanilla Love and is your bottle fine or is it me? Kisses :)

Isto não correu bem como eu esperava :| porque dois dos vernizes roxos não são suficientemente pigmentados para fazerem carimbos uniformes e certinhos. Mas até gostei do resultado geral porque a combinação de cores tornou-se numa manicure alegre lol. O que acham? Gostaram da manicure? Se compraram este Catrice Vanilla Love, o defeito é só do meu frasco? Beijinhos :)

Cristina Santos***

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Ladies, feel free to leave a comment whether good or not, i appreciate it.
I will answer comments here in the post :p

Chicas, por favor estejam a vontade de deixar um comentário, quer seja bom ou mau, a vossa opinião é muito importante para mim!
Vou responder aos comentários no próprio post :p

Disqus Comentários